Tuesday, June 11

why I need feminism

Today I was inspired by this blog to develop my own conception of why I myself and the rest of the female population needs feminism. These ideas were also brought about by an event that occurred tonight in which a man (who appeared to be homeless) asked my sister and I for a ride to the next town over, which clearly I wish I could have done, but due to the ideas ingrained into the minds of every woman in America, women should not trust male strangers, so naturally we had to turn down his request.
This is why I need feminism:
1. I should be able to approach a male stranger without fear that they will physically harm me
2. I should not have to be fearful of my personal safety while walking alone at night time, particularly in urban areas or deserted areas, such as parking garages.
3. I should not have to carry objects that must be used to ward of dangerous men, such as pepper spray or a rape whistle.
4. I should be able to look any man in the eye without them giving them the idea that "i want it."
The bottom line is that I should be able to trust that men will not try to suppress me through use of physical force. I should be able to walk this earth just as any male does without fear of harm, whether physical or verbal.

No comments:

Post a Comment