Wednesday, June 12

Women Crush Wednesday: Grimes aka Claire Boucher

the beautiful Claire Boucher
Because today is "women crush wednesday," I thought it would only be fitting to make a post about my female crush, Claire Boucher. She is an indie pop musician who writes her own music, produces music videos, and creates artwork, while going by the stage name, Grimes. She should be noted for her strong, rising female presence in the entertainment industry. Unlike many other striving female pop musicians in the music scene, Grimes does not believe in exploiting her body or objectifying herself in order to broaden her audience or gain attention, which I find to be quite admirable. This is the tumblr post she  created recently titled "I don't want to have to compromise my morals in order to make a living." It is quite moving and inspirational, particularly as many woman today believe they must alter their morals in order to meet society's expectations or to reach stardom.

If you are unfamiliar with her music, here is in my opinion, her greatest song, and one of the best music videos of the year:


No comments:

Post a Comment